Training On Fish And Snail Production
May 12 @ 9:00 am - May 15 @ 3:00 pm| 25000FCFA
Almost one in four people in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) were estimated to be undernourished in 2017, representing about one-third of the 821 million people suffering from chronic hunger globally (FAO et al., 2018). In addition to a high prevalence of chronic hunger in SSA, many more people suffer from micronutrient deficiencies (Joy et al., 2014; Kumssa et al., 2015; Harika et al., 2017). There is clear evidence that the global economy for agriculture and food system is changing; spurred on by rapid population rise, increase development and demand for agricultural commodities for biofuels. Africa, with no exception, is experiencing rapid population growth and urbanisation with major implications for food supplies (AFDB, 2015).
An investment in the agricultural sector of the economy with specific regards to the production and marketing of Snails and Fishes which are very rich in dietary protein and have high nutritious contents will have the following effects on the population: improved nutrition and health conditions, poverty alleviation and wealth creation, promotes entrepreneurship/job creation, income diversification, while promoting environmental sustainability and economic development.
In this light, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center (SBEC) at the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation which focuses on equipping entrepreneurs with organizational and business skills and enhance sustainable economic development is organizing a Workshop which will run for 4 days starting from Wednesday May, 12th to Saturday May 15th, 2021. This workshop is aimed at building the capacity of entrepreneurs on Fish and Snail production that will promote entrepreneurship and spur economic growth in Cameroon.
- Morphology of the African catfish
- Types of fish farms
- Construction of fish ponds
- Pond care
- Harvesting and drying
- Fish health and nutrition
- Fish products and bi-products
- Snail Morphology
- Types of snail pens
- Construction of snail pens
- Snail feeding and reproduction
- Caring for juveniles and harvesting
- Snail products and bi-products
Why should I register for this training?
- Cost effective to start the business
- Can reproduce in all seasons
- The business is very lucrative with a fast turnover
- Can be reared for business and household consumption
- There is a high demand for fish and snails
- Creation of employment for self and others.
- Will receive a proper follow up after training until business is set up.
- Bonus training module on entrepreneurship and business management.
- Have direct contact with experts.
Applicants must fulfil the following criteria to be considered eligible for the training:
- Aspiring business person;
- Willing to start up a business after training.
– Direct registration as a simple member of the SBEC Network (www.foretiafoundation.org/sbec-network/)
Payment of a training fee of 25,000 frs will be done via MTN Mobile Money using the number: 672 31 43 10 (Name: Ngole Juliette Eloe)
Deadline to receive registration is set for the 10th of May 2021.
Information And Queries
For further information and questions regarding the training, please contact the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation via:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: (+237) 672 31 43 10