SMEs Flagship training in Buea
Buea, South west Region
Date: 8th and 9th of June 2023
Venue: Mile 18 junction, Muea main road, opposite Marvel Hotel (Register Now)
In Cameroon, 80% of the businesses created die before their first 5 years of existence. Moreover, most of them remain in the informal sector. According to recent statistics from the National Institute of Statistics, about 90% of the labor force in Cameroon remains trapped in this sector. Women and youth are the most represented in this sector, due to a number of challenges they still face. In the agricultural sector, for example, Cameroonian women represent 71.6% of workers in the informal agricultural sector. Unfortunately, almost 52% of them still live below the poverty line and 79.2% of them are underemployed. This underemployment rate is estimated at 70% for youth. To address all the root causes of SME underperformance and access to employment in Cameroon, foster economic freedom, and empower both women and youth in the country, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center (SBEC) of the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation is implementing a project titled “Powering Prosperity and Economic Freedom for Women and Youths in Cameroon”. This project offers a comprehensive training program for young entrepreneurs for a period of 6 months to enable them to acquire viable skills in management and business, regulatory processes, finance and other capabilities necessary for overall improvement.
The main objective of this 6-month SME flagship business management training, is to assist businesses establish a comprehensive small business strategy and grow. Specifically, it will be a matter of:
- Supporting SMEs in the process of developing and delivering a comprehensive and complete business plan.
- Guiding SMEs in the establishment of an effective and efficient leadership.
- Ensuring that all SMEs in the informal sector smoothly move to the formal sector.
- Empowering SMEs to develop and implement an effective and autonomous business management system.
- Equipping SMEs with up-to-date, affordable marketing and sales strategies adapted to their sector of activity and level of development.
- Educating entrepreneurs on accounting practices and financial models adapted to their activities.
- Equipping SMEs with the means to recruit and manage the required HR for their business and adapted to their level of development.
- Showing SMEs, the fundamental role of technology and innovation for business development.
The training program is open to business owners/entrepreneurs, Business managers, especially women and youth.
Outcome of the event
At the end of the training program there should be positive shift in the knowledge and application of the various modules in small businesses.
Location of the Training
The training shall take place in;
- Center region
- Littoral region,
- West region,
- South West region, and
- North West region.
For more information, please contact us at:
Email: inf[email protected] / Tel: (+237) 22 31 15 84 / 654 86 72 54
Leave A Comment