Dear Colleagues, on Tuesday 17 March 2020 we closed down the office and moved all our activities online due to the onset of the Corona Virus in the Country. Worldwide, the number of cases is still on the rise and despite the preventive measures put in place by the Government, we are witnessing the same trend in Cameroon. With no vaccine at the moment and no universally acceptable cure, we can say for the moment that COVID 19 has come to stay therefore it is realistic to say that the new normal is to live with the virus while ensuring the safety of all and sundry. In view of this, the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation will gradually reopen its doors to staff on Monday 14 September 2010. Those concerned shall be all newly recruited staff as well as other essential staff members.
To ensure the safety of all, the following measures have been put in place:
- Readjustment of working space to ensure respect of physical distance (1.5metres);
- Hand sanitizers made available at the entrance of the office premise and also in each office for constant use;
- Alcohol provided to regularly disinfect all surfaces (tables, doors handles, etc.);
- A hand washing station is available at the entrance of the office.
All persons within the Foundation premise will be required to:
- Wear protective gear (facemasks, face shield) in and around the office. The Foundation Shall provide personalized facemask to facilitate the respect of this procedure.
- Avoid in-person meetings. Use online conferencing, email, or phone calls when possible;
- Avoid shaking hands.
- Hold short unavoidable in-person meetings in the courtyard;
- Avoid socializing unnecessarily in the office. All social activities during break time should be done in the courtyard.
Fri Lehfune Asanga
Chief Operating Officer