Website ForetiaFound Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation
Catalyzing Africa’s Economic Transformation
The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation seeks to fill the position of Senior Director of Programs and Strategy. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation works to catalyze Africa’s Economic Transformation through social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health, and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all. Our areas of work include sustainable development, science and innovation, health, leadership, education, entrepreneurship, economic and public policy. The Denis and Lenora Foundation is an umbrella non-profit institution with several departments including the Nkafu Policy Institute, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center, the Communication, and the Sustainable Development Programs. To learn more about the Foundation visit our website.
The Foretia Foundation is seeking a Senior Director of Programs and Strategy to manage and coordinate its growing portfolio of programs and to lead institutional-wide strategic engagements. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the selected individual will be responsible for:
- Portfolio Management: The Senior Director will have oversight of the foundation’s thematic portfolios. Major responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all projects are delivering on time and in line with the Foundation’s quality standard
- Working with Program leaders to guide the Foundation’s programming and orientation and grow the Foundation’s portfolio in line with the overall strategy
- Ensuring all projects/programs are planned, implemented and completed within budget and scope.
- Quality assurance – supervise, review and approve products and projects developed by program and project teams before final submission.
- Work closely with the Foundation’s Senior Management Team to ensure projects are executed and delivered in accordance with the Foundation operational standards and monitored, measured and evaluated appropriately
- Research:Working closely with the Director of the Nkafu Policy Institute to ensure that:
- Policy research conducted by the sectoral teams adhere to the Foundation’s research quality standards
- the Foundation’s research agenda, strategy and programs are strongly aligned.
- There is effective coordination between teams in the development and production of flagship reports.
- Strategy:The Senior Director, working closely with senior management will:
- Lead the design and implementation of excellent Foundation-wide processes, including institutional strategy and forecasting.
- Lead the design and implementation of effective methods and processes for monitoring and evaluating institutional performance and mitigating institutional risks.
- Guide analysis and evaluation of strategic opportunities and options and supporting strategic decision-making with good evidence and expert advice.
- Track external policy and funding trends, applying insights gained to advise on strategic decision-making.
- Lead special projects as requested by the Chief Executive Officer
- Stakeholder Engagement: In collaboration with the Foundation’s leadership team, the Senior Director will ensure that the Foundation:
- Effectively manages its portfolio of funders and research partners. This may include organizing strategic meetings, key visits, workshops and other engagements.
- Maintains effective stakeholder management including robust communication of progress during the entire project cycle
- Ensure the Foundation has a robust framework for identifying and managing its partnerships with organizations in Central Africa, across the continent and globally.
- Team Management: The Senior Director will directly supervise the team leads or experts involved in programs s/he is leading. This will include:
- Assigning projects to the Foundation staff and consultants and managing programs to ensure effective delivery.
- Identifying future human resource needs and skills within the program and strategy teams and working with the Chief Operating Officer to fill these positions.
- Effective management of team members especially championing the development of junior team members.
- Funding Mobilization: The Senior Director will:
- Effectively manage the costing of all proposals to ensure the Foundation meets its cost recovery targets.
- Work with senior leaders to identify and develop project/funding proposals.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have the following minimum qualifications:
- A relevant advanced degree (Master’s, PhD, MD, etc)
- 8+ years of senior management and/or research experience especially in nonprofits, private sector or academia
- Demonstrated leadership experience developing and implementing a strategic vision
- Management experience inspiring and empowering successful teams
- Bilingual (good working knowledge of English and French)
- Commitment to and passion for the Foundation’s mission and vision
- Exceptional writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills and a high level of diplomacy
- Proven ability to engage and motivate others in achieving mission-driven goals
- Strong track-record of effectively leading a performance and outcome-based program and team
- Strong work ethic, integrity, initiative, follow-through, and good judgment
- Ability to balance competing priorities and tasks and deliver timely products
- Capacity to adapt rapidly to changing priorities, objectives, and situations
- Flexibility in working style, marked by an ability to work closely with a range of personalities
- Ability to resolve conflicts directly and professionally
All applications will be completed ONLINE using the Application Portal. To complete your application, you will need:
- A one-page cover letter indicating your relevant experience (in PDF)
- A curriculum vitae/ Resume (in PDF)
- A professional photo
- A previously written work (published or unpublished) that demonstrates the candidate’s abilities (in PDF)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (starting March 11, 2023) and continue until the position is filled. All applications must be submitted using the Online Portal below
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.