Operations Manager, Buea – Job Description
About the Foundation
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation was established to catalyze Africa’s economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all. The foundation works in partnership with local governments, policy makers, private enterprises, civil society organizations as well as development partners to expand the resources available to entrepreneurs, farmers, and small business owners in addition to improving individual livelihoods.
For more information, please visit http://www.foretiafoundation.org
Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation is steadily growing and developing. In this light it is also developing all its programs especially Small Business & Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Development Programs. An Operations Manager position is needed to be filled in its office in Buea, South West Region, to oversee the operations of the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Centre in Buea. The ideal candidate for this position is expected to have the following profile:
- Have a good degree in Business Administration with a major in accounting and finance; preferably at the master level.
- Have an experience in accounting and finance operations for at least five years.
- Be results driven and success focus.
- Should be able to multi-task.
- Ability to work under reasonable pressure.
- Ability to travel nationally.
- Conversance with the Cameroon Tax, Labour and Finance Codes.
- Conversance with the Cameroon Standard Accounting Principles.
The salary for the position is very competitive and will depend on the experience acquired by candidate.
Though the position will be filled in Buea; candidate is expected to be professionally bilingual (English and French) and should be able to work with all the Microsoft Office Applications with special emphasis on excel and word. Candidate will be expected to travel nationally as need be.
The successful candidate will carry out the following functions:
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of the business unit’s mission; specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls.
- Management of the venture’s budget in coordination with the Country Director.
- Development of individual program budgets when necessary
- Invoicing to funding/financing sources, including calculation of completed units of service.
- Payroll management, including tabulation of accrued employee details and other human resource management concerns.
- Disbursement of cheques/funds (petty cash imprest) for the business expenses.
- Organization of fiscal/taxation documents.
- Regular meetings with team members around planning and budgeting.
- Supervise and coach business unit manager with his team on a weekly basis.
The successful candidate will most likely have had prior management experience. As noted, the Foundation is driven by the values of its people, so experience in managing a “values-driven” organization will be highly prized. Additional requirements are:
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen; the ability to balance the delivery of programs against the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness
- Strategic Vision and Agility- ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan
- Capacity Building- ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing a top-notch workforce and the processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly
- Leadership and Organization- exceptional capacity for managing and leading people; a team-builder who has experience in scaling up organizations; ability to connect staff both on an individual level and in large groups; capacity to enforce accountability, develop and empower top-notch leaders from the bottom up, lead from the top down, cultivate entrepreneurship, and learn the strengths and weaknesses of the team so as to put people in a position to succeed
- Action Oriented- enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available, not afraid to take charge of a situation; can overcome resistance to leadership and take unpopular stands when necessary
- General Management- thorough understanding of finance, systems, and HR; broad experience with the full range of business functions and systems, including strategic development and planning, budgeting, business analysis, finance, information systems, human resources, and marketing
- Solid educational background- MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired. Ideal candidate will be Bilingual (English and French)
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, highly respected organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a very strong work ethic. The Foundation offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their applications directly online using our Application Portal.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis beginning on 20 October 2016. This position will remain open until filled.