Website foretiafound Nkafu Policy Institute
Catalyzing Africa’s Economic Transformation
Background & General Description:
The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation works to catalyze Africa’s Economic Transformation through social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health, and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all. Our areas of work include sustainable development, science and innovation, health, leadership, education, entrepreneurship, economic and public policy. The Denis and Lenora Foundation is an umbrella non-profit institution with several departments including the Nkafu Policy Institute, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center, the Communication, and the Sustainable Development Programs.
The Nkafu Policy Institute is a Cameroonian think tank at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation that provides independent, in-depth and insightful policy recommendations that advance the Cameroonian economy and that of other sub-Saharan African countries. Its reputation is founded on its independence, high quality research and innovative policy prescriptions.
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation is looking for an experienced Deputy Director for its Health Policy and Research Division within the Nkafu Policy Institute. This fulltime position will be based in Yaoundé.
Roles & Responsibility:
Reporting to the Director of the Health Policy and Research Division, The Deputy Director will have responsibility for research, leadership, and management of a variety of projects and assist the Director in overseeing the work at the Division. The task, duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Director of the Health Policy and Research Division includes:
- Acting as the principal adviser to the Director of the Division in formulating and implementing the substantive work program of the Division;
- Assisting the Director in the overall management of the Division, overseeing its activities undertaken in the areas of Health Policy and Research covered by the Division, ensuring that programmed activities are carried out in a timely fashion and coordinated both within the Division and the Department;
- Supervising the research and analytical work of the Division, on Health Policy and Research issues, and ensures that the outputs produced by the Division maintain high-quality standards; that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data;
- Be an advocate for change when health threats need to be addressed or programs require revisions;
- Supervising and conducting research and advocacy projects on a wide range of health care issues and activities involving health care delivery and health services;
- Leading in monitoring and evaluation of all health promotion projects or interventions
- Promoting and facilitating leading-edge research, including collaborative and interdisciplinary research, in areas related to the goals and vision of the Nkafu Policy Institute;
- Outreaching to and collaborating with stakeholders, through events, meetings, briefings, and other actions;
- Ensuring constant publication of research papers, articles and organizing workshops and seminars for presentation of research finding;
- Coaching and mentoring the research team to help realize their potentials and identify additional training needs where necessary;
- Performing other duties as required
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Strong analytic, scientific methodological, verbal communication, written communication, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated skill in conducting quantitative research with a record of published research articles.
- Must have expertise in developing public health policy, preferably with experience in policy analysis.
- Proven managerial skills, including the ability to plan, supervise, and monitor projects and allocate resources
- Must be a team player
- Results orientated
Education, and Experience:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in public health or other relevant fields. A PhD in Public Health or an MD is preferred.
- At least two full years of research-based health advocacy work, which could include work in an academic or government setting.
All applications will be completed ONLINE using the Application Portal. To complete your application, you will need:
- A one-page cover letter indicating your research areas of interest (in PDF)
- A curriculum vitae/ Resume (in PDF)
- A professional photo
- A previously written work (published or unpublished) that demonstrates the candidate’s abilities (in PDF)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (starting March 06, 2023) and continue until the position is filled. The deadline for the receipt of applications is April 21, 2023. All applications must be submitted using the Online Portal below
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.