Website ForetiaFound Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation
Catalyzing Africa’s Economic Transformation
Location : Yaoundé – Cameroon
Application Deadline : 09-Jan-23
Job Title: Internship at the Foundation’s Communication Department
Type of Contract : Internship
Post Level : Intern
Languages Required : English or French
Starting Date : 1st -Feb-2023
Duration of Initial Contract : 3 months
The Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation works to catalyze Africa’s Economic Transformation through social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health, and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all. Our areas of work include sustainable development, science and innovation, health, leadership, education, entrepreneurship, economic and public policy. The Denis and Lenora Foundation is an umbrella non-profit institution with several departments including the Nkafu Policy Institute, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center, the Communication, and the Sustainable Development Programs .
The communications department is hiring a communications intern to support the building of the Foundation’s brand.
- Assisting in the development, implementation, and evaluation of the annual communications strategy and communications plan.
- Maintaining and updating the Foundations social media pages.
- Assisting in creating graphics and other accessories for social media promotion.
- Updating the database of media and other contacts to ensure they are accurate, and up to date.
- Assisting with the production and publication of videos.
- Contributing ideas to develop new channels for the Foundation’s communications.
- Assisting in the development of a monthly reporting system on the Foundations communication activities
- Generating online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Other general responsibilities as may be reasonably requested over time.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Must hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or any related field
- Previous internship/ work experience in a communication field.
- Proficient with on-line communications.
- Flexible, open and dependable.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Or in any other field related to the above-mentioned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
- Be a good communicator and team player.
- Be able to multi-task, be extremely organized, and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Desire to learn, take initiative, and suggest best practices with a willingness to take and implement constructive feedback and guidance.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the Foundation’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the Foundation.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Respect, positive attitude, proactive and professionalism
What we offer Conditions of the Internship:
- We offer three (3) months of full-time internship with leading experts and academics.
- We equally offer transport allowance
- In-house training and unlimited access to the internet.
- Our interns have full access to research seminars, round-tables, workshops, and discussion groups hosted by the Nkafu Policy Institute and its partners, in addition to conferences on a wide range of emerging issues critical to business and policy interests in Cameroon and Africa at large.
- Interns are responsible for securing adequate medical insurance for the duration of the internship. The Foundation accepts no responsibility for costs arising from accidents and/or illness or death incurred during the internship
- The intern is responsible for arranging travel to and from the Yaoundé where the internship will be performed
- Interns are not staff members and may not represent the Foundation in any official capacity
- The purpose of the Internship Program is not to lead to further employment with Foundation but to complement an intern’s studies. Therefore, there should be no expectation of employment at the end of an internship
- Interns are required to bring their own laptop upon starting their internship
- The intern will be evaluated at the end of the contract and due recognition of work will be issued in writing.
How to apply
All applications will be completed ONLINE using the Application Portal. To complete your application, you will need:
- A one-page cover letter indicating your research areas of interest (in PDF)
- A curriculum vitae/ Resume (in PDF)
- A professional photo
Deadline of applications
Complete and submit your application by 09 January 2023 at 23:59 (Cameroon time).
For more information
Feel free to contact us at [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.