The selection process for The STEM Prize will proceed as follows:
- 02 Jun 2016: Official Online Launching of STEM Prize.
- 02 Jun 2016 – 30 Sept 2016: Registration and submission of proposals by candidates.
- 01 Jul 2016 – 30 Sept 2016: Publicity of program and event through media (TV & Radio).
- 01 Jul 2016 – 30 Sept 2016: Communication using talks, online posts and flyers to student bodies and target groups.
- 01 Oct 2016 – 07 Oct 2016: Review and shortlisting of top projects.
The initial review will ensure that applications meet the minimum requirements. Concept notes and proof of concept projects will be evaluated on their relevance and the potential social impact. A short list of the top projects will be created by the selection panel composed of individuals from private firms, venture capitalists, academic leaders, entrepreneurs and civil society leaders.
- 10 Oct 2016: Official invitations sent to top teams.
The selection team will officially send letters of invitation to finalists inviting them to participate in the three-day intensive training program at the headquarters of the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation in Yaounde.
- 25 Oct 2016 – 27 Oct 2016: 3 day training event for shortlisted teams.
- 17 Oct 2016 – 24 Oct 2016: Final planning of award ceremony.
- 28 Oct 2016: Award’s Ceremony
Finalists will present their projects to the team of jurors in the presence of selected members of the Cameroonian business community and civil society. The STEM Prize 2016 winners will be announced and awarded at a special ceremony. Venue will be announced by mid-August 2016 and will be posted on the website and other social media channels.