OFFICIAL LAUNCHING AND INCEPTION WORKSHOP
“Social Entrepreneurship For Sustainable Development In Sub-Saharan Africa: Lessons From Business Incubation In Cameroon, Burkina Faso And Ghana"
About the Workshop
This project will investigate:
- The connection of incubation to the ecosystem for innovation and science: How conducive is the research environment in supporting innovators? How to strengthen these ecosystems in a way that is conducive to innovation and SDG? Who can do what in such ecosystems?
- The relationship between business creation and SDGs 5, 8 and 9: what is done, what are the gaps and what should be done?
- Opportunities and challenges resulting from the national fiscal and regulatory framework to successfully scale up.
- The process of scaling up with a particular interest in the factors of success and failure and an analysis of the role of public policies: which are the most critical areas where innovation can make a difference?
Success of incubation-to-scale: generalizability of best practices observed in one country to another.
This workshop will ensure the presentation of the research project to stakeholders and the implementation partners. It will also serve as a forum for the partners to discuss the way forward in the implementation of the project.
- The International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
State representatives in Cameroon
- Ministry of Scientific Research and Innovation;
- Ministry of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Social Economy and Handicrafts;
- Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and the Family;
- Ministry of Higher Education;
- Ministry of Finance;
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Civic Education.
- Professional associations;
- NGOs & CBOs;
- Municipal authorities;
- Higher institutions of learning – universities;
- Vocational schools
- Public personalities
And over 100 online (on the zoom platform) guests
- Project official launched in Cameroon
- Official launching in Cameroon
- Inception workshop
La Falaise Hotel, Avenue Merechal Foch, Yaounde
This workshop will be extremely insightful and well worth your time. You will be excited about getting back to work to implement the things you will learn in this workshop.
RSVP: +237 654 86 72 54
Visit our social media pages to learn more about the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundaiton