Submit Your Short Video
We are pleased to announce the Launch of a Short Video Competition aimed at capturing the views/opinions of the Cameroonian people in addressing the democratic challenges facing our country. Here is your chance to get your voice heard by suggesting ways in which a particular issue plaguing the country can be resolved.
Pick up your cameras, phones, tablets and submit your video of not more than 5 minutes on any issue of your choice. Stand a chance to get your video published on our social media platforms, and win a cash prize of 100,000 FCFA. Deadline for submission of videos is Saturday, April 20, 2019 at Midnight.
For more details on how to apply, click here
How to enter the competition
- Create an original video clip of maximum 5 minuteson what you consider the most important issue facing the country and what you propose as a solution to the problem identified, in the following order
a). Identify the most important problem
b). Briefly explain your solution to the problem you identified
- Prepare a short descriptive text of maximum 200 words about your video
- Upload and Submit your entry through the online submission form.
Submission deadline: 20th April 2019 at 23:59 (CAT).
Entry is free of charge. Multiple entries are not permitted.
Cash prize: 100,000 FCFA
Submission of an entry means acceptance of the Competition rules and the Terms and Conditions.
- The competition is open to Cameroonian citizens.
- One entrant may submit only one entry (an entry consists of one video clip) in the competition.
- The video must be in English and/or French language.
- As each entry will be handled separately, you need to fill out the online submission.
- You must have full copyrights to the submitted material.
- Competition submissions must not include any endorsements of products or services, or any obscene, violent, tribalistic or defamatory content.
- Incomplete entries that do not comply with the formal specifications will be automatically disqualified.
Submissions must contain one video clip and an accompanying text.
- Video: The submitted video must be a maximum of 5 minutes long. Submissions exceeding 5 minutes will be disqualified. Videos must be uploaded as one single file in the highest quality.
- Text: Short title of the entry and a descriptive text of maximum 200 characters (preferably in English).
Videos will be judged on the following criteria:
- Message clarity and relevance;
- Motivation and inspiration;
- Technical ability;
- Approach to the topic;
- Overall impact.
Video does not need to be professionally produced. We prefer a more down-to-earth style video production. Can be captured / produced by your computer, phones, tablets or other video tool necessary to get your message across.
The organizers and judges reserve the right to remove any entries from the competition that they feel may breach any of the Competition rules, the Terms and Conditions or may bring the competition into disrepute. Such entries will be disqualified.
The copyright of the materials submitted for this competition remains with respective participants. However, each entrant grants the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation and its partners the right to use the submitted materials in its communication crediting the copyright owners.