Nkafu Policy Institute
The Nkafu Policy Institute, a center at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation, provides independent, in-depth and insightful policy recommendations that advance the Cameroonian economy and the economies of other sub-Saharan African countries. Its reputation is founded on its independence, high quality research and innovative policy prescriptions. Its mission is to advance public policies that help all Africans prosper in strong, fair, and sustainable economies.
Position: Health Policy Interns – Undergraduate, Graduate and/or postgraduate levels
Stipend: Paid and Unpaid depending on level
Hours: Full-time or Part-time (at least 20 hours per week) for 12 weeks
Location: Foundation Headquarters, Yaoundé – Cameroon
The Health Policy Intern will:
– work with other staff to conduct research and write and/or update health policy briefs, assist with policy analysis and evaluation of national health programs,
– draft materials for advocacy activities, and other duties as assigned by the Policy Team. Depending upon the skills and interests of the Health Policy Intern, the position will include substantive public policy analysis and writing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct research and update briefs on current topics in health policy as it relates to Cameroon and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Topics may include:
– Revamping healthcare delivery
– Increasing access to health care especially rural health care
– Improving healthcare financing mechanisms
– Assessing the potential for a national health insurance program
– Assist with analysis and development of comments on proposed legislation, regulations or guidance
– Attend policy meetings, meetings with policymakers and other Parliamentary briefings
– Assist with other tasks related to the health policy such as conducting outreach and working with relevant communities and NGOs.
– Currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students in law, public health, public policy, medicine, nursing or related field;
– Strong research, analysis and writing skills;
– Demonstrated knowledge of the Foretia Foundation and Cameroon’s health issues;
– Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills;
– Demonstrated experience in interacting professionally with diverse individuals and organizations;
– Strong motivation and adaptability, including ability to work under pressure and with little supervision;
– Demonstrated ability to work as a team member;
– Demonstrated proficiency with word processing and database applications;
– Demonstrated experience with electronic communications, including internet applications.
– Candidates MUST be proficient in English and French
To Apply: Please submit an application, cover letter, resume, and writing sample using the link below. This position will remain opened until filled.