Goal of the Event
A medical error is a preventable adverse effect (PAE) of care, whether or not it is evident or harmful to the patient. This might include an inaccurate or incomplete diagnosis or treatment of a disease, injury, syndrome, behavior, infection, or another ailment. Medical error is a silent killer and it contributes greatly to the public health problems in Cameroon. There is paucity of data and effective strategies that can be put in order to prevent and control medical error in Cameroon. Lack of data and policies is restraining the development of evidence-based strategies and relevant effective solutions for improving patient safety and quality of care in Cameroon. This event shall help the health sector to be aware of the impact of Medical error on patient’s safety and what policies can the government put in place to effectively prevent and control medical error in Cameroon.
Participants shall be made up of health personnel of different categories. These participants shall represent health personnel from the following fields;
- Medical Doctors (Non-specialised)
- Specialised Medical Doctors
- Laboratory technicians
Facilitator: Dr. Nkwescheu Armand S.
Moderator: Prof. Nsagha Dickson Shey
Date: Wednesday 30th May 2018
Venue: Foretia Foundation Headquarter – Yaoundé
Duration: Two hours
- Participation Fee: Free to invited participants
- At the end of the event, we shall be able to create an awareness about medical error and its impact.
- Discuss the challenges faced by health personnel in preventing and controlling medical error
- Propose policies that can help in the prevention and control of medical error