Session 1: Job Preparedness Bootcamp – South West Region
JOB PREPAREDNESS BOOTCAMP
REGISTER NOW – South West Region
The employment situation in Cameroon is characterized by underemployment. The proliferation of the informal sector is one of the factors that explain this phenomenon. The informal sector employs about 90% of the active population. Youth are increasingly struggling to occupy decent positions within the various administrations because of a number of barriers, including the inadequacy of the quality of the workforce in relation to the human resources required by the economy, but much more because of the non-compliance of enterprises with the regulations on labor standards. In implementing its new National Development Strategy 2020-2030 (NDS30), the government’s main concern is to “achieve full and productive employment and guarantee all women and men, including youths and people with disabilities, decent work and equal pay for work of equal value. Indeed, although they have appropriate levels of education for the jobs they want, youths and women still need better trainings to prepare them for the job market. To support youths and women and help them access decent jobs, the Small Business and Entrepreneurship Center (SBEC) of the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation is implementing a project titled “Powering Prosperity and Economic Freedom for Women and Youths in Cameroon”. This project offers in selected regions of Cameroon, intensive Bootcamps that combine technical training workshops, job applications and interview strategies, experiential work-based learning opportunities and skills to improve the overall work performance. This Job Preparedness Bootcamp will be organized on a quarterly basis in each of the four target regions.
Objectives and Conceptual Framework
- The main objective of this job preparedness bootcamp is to harness and fine-tune the skills of youths, women and Internally Displaced Persons and equip them with necessary skills for the job market.
- The bootcamp will be organized on a quarterly basis in each of the four target regions.
- This training is designed from a participatory process, focuses on basic life skills, technical skills development, income generation skills and soft skills development.
- The development of soft skills among women and young people will focus on five proven areas: self-control, positive self-concept, social skills, communication and higher-order thinking (critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making).
- This training will combine technical training workshops, job applications and interview strategies, experiential work-based learning opportunities and skills to improve the overall work performance.
This program is designed to target all age groups especially youth and women between the ages of 15 and 35 who have difficulties at accessing the job market or bringing to existence a business venture from their skills.
Outcome of the Training
By the end of the program:
Most of the participants feel more job ready, show improvement in target areas and have better job situations within 6-12 months.
Location of the Training
The training shall take place in;
- Center region,
- Littoral region,
- West region,
- South West region, and
- North West region.
For more information, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected] / Tel: (+237) 22 31 15 84 / 654 86 72 54
Leave A Comment