Website nkafupolicyinst Nkafu Policy Institute
Catalyzing Africa’s Economic Transformation
About the program
The Nkafu Policy Institute, a think tank of the Denis and Lenora Foretia Foundation launches two-day-in-person leadership and advocacy immersion program for 25 think tank leaders/researchers in the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS). This special program organized thanks to a financial support from the Open Society Foundation (OSF-Africa) identifies twenty-five (25) highly qualified and motivated leaders of think tanks/researchers from the ECCAS region who demonstrate outstanding leadership and potential in their understanding of policy and who are dedicated to implementing positive change in the country. The objective of this program is to strengthen the leadership and research capacity of these leaders/researchers, particularly women (leadership and capacity development), to conduct research and advocacy in the three main thematic areas: individual rights, peace and security; governance and accountability; regional Integration.
Applicants for the two-day-in-person Leadership and Advocacy must meet the following conditions:
- Be a citizen of one of the ECCAS member states (Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo Republic, DR Congo, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Rwanda and São Tomé and Príncipe)
- Be a professional from a think tank or a research center (leader/researcher)
- Be bilingual (English and French);
- Have a good understanding of the history and geopolitical complexity of the ECCAS;
- Be able to articulate his/her thoughts in newspaper articles or television interviews;
- Must be versatile and comfortable with public speaking and be able to interact and engage with policy makers;
- Demonstrate good leadership and advocacy qualities.
- Experience in grants project implementation
- Knowledge in research and policy
- Research writing and publications
- Events Management
- Marketing and Communications
- Leadership Development
- Advocacy Strategy and Campaign
- Project Design and Implementation
- Grant Writing and Management
- Community Engagement
Benefits and expectations of the program
- Learn how to apply the knowledge gained in the program to their communities with less risk.
- Have the opportunity to build valuable networks.
- Gain knowledge about designing, developing, and implementing projects in an organizational context.
- Improve their research and writing skills
- Strengthen their skills on how to better disseminate the results of their work.
- Improve their advocacy abilities.
- Strengthen their ability to influence policy at the local, regional and continental levels.
- Expand the visibility of their country and region, on the African continent and globally.
Interested applicants should complete the ONLINE application form no later than May 31, 2023 at 5:00 p.m. GMT+1. If you have any questions, please, contact us at [email protected] .
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A copy of your national identity card or copy of passport clearly showing your photo and date of birth.
- A curriculum vita of less than two (2) pages
- Three (3) contactable professional references.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
N.B: All expenses for transport, accommodation and feeding will be covered by the foundation
Timeline of the Call for applications
April 17, 2023: Application opens
May 31, 2023: Application deadline
June 30, 2023: Notice to shortlisted candidates
July 7, 2023: Announcement of selected candidates
July 25-26, 2023: Two-day in-person Leadership and Advocacy Immersion in Yaoundé (Cameroon)
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.