Call for Application- Special Assistant to the Co-chair
The Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation was established to catalyze Africa’s economic transformation by focusing on social entrepreneurship, science and technology, innovation, public health and progressive policies that create economic opportunities for all.
The Foundation is seeking eligible applicants for the position of Special Assistant to the Co-chair
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, the Special Assistant to the Co-chair will perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Provide high level secretarial and administrative support and maintain confidentiality in all correspondence and meetings;
- Organize, manage and prepare briefing materials for the meetings of the co-chair;
- Analyze, compile and prepare background papers for relevant discussions by the Co-chair;
- Draft and prepare correspondences, briefing notes and reports;
- Organize meetings, including preparation of agenda, documentation and minutes; and carry out follow-up based on decisions taken from the meetings;
- Coordinate and ensure the successful execution of all events organized by the co-chair;
- Manage all social media handles of the co-chair;
- Perform correspondence with donors, volunteers, scholarship recipients and nonprofit organizations by email and mail;
- Perform any other duties as required by the Co-chair;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Proven networking and team-building skills;
- Strong organizational and reporting skills;
- Excellent teamwork skills and protocol competence;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and comfortable working in a fast-paced, quick-changing environment;
- Highly organised and able to prioritise tasks;
- Ability to multitask and work without supervision;
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on time.
- Ability to maintain high degree of privacy and confidentiality.
- 2 to 5 years demonstrated experience as an executive assistant, or other relevant administrative support experience;
- Computer proficiency (Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel) required;
- Bilingualism ( English and French is an absolute necessity);
- HND/BTS specializing in Secretarial Studies;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences;
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication or any related fields;
Requirements to perform this job successfully:
- An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The individual must exhibit a pleasant and welcoming demeanor both in person and on the telephone.
- The requirements listed with this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Some evening and weekend work hours required at various times throughout the year in particular supporting The Foundation’s annual events.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret correspondence and documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires and complaints.
- Ability to write a business letter and other correspondences.
- Reasoning ability
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- This is a no smoking work environment.
- This position will be 40 hours per week.
The Foundation offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, and paid vacation.
All applications must be submitted using our online application tools. Before applying, you shall prepare a CV, cover letter and a writing sample.
Position opens until filled. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis starting 11th October 2021. It is in your best interest to apply early.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.