Call for Application – Senior SBEC Manager for the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Center (SBEC)
We are looking for a Senior Manager for the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Center to oversee general operations and implement a strong skills development and job creation strategy that directly tackles the challenge of youth unemployment in Cameroon.
SBEC focuses primarily on skills development for increased employability and job creation among women and youths. It also emphasizes improving the growth and sustainability of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Cameroon.
The center focuses on empowering women and youth to establish and grow small and medium-sized enterprises into profitable ventures. This is done by improving the technical competencies of small business owners within the SBEC Network.
Expectations of the Senior SBEC Manager
- Reporting to the Director of SBEC, the Senior Manager shall oversee all aspects of the center. This includes:
- Designing and implementing an essential skills program for all members of the SBEC Network:
- Developing solid strategies to increase members of the SBEC network:
- Creating opportunities for mutual learning among small business owners through the organization of Business Roundtables, panel discussions and other forums:
- Establishing an extensive network of professional services to cater to the many needs of small businesses in the country:
- Assisting small businesses transition from the informal sector to the formal sector
- Organizing training sessions and Seminars for SMEs;
- Conducting research and publish articles on entrepreneurship:
- Designing a strategic and yearly plan of action for the department:
- Moderate or serve as a panelist during events:
- Grant writing:
- Developing partnerships with other stakeholders:
- Designing business toolkits for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs):
- Coordinating activities with other members of the Foundation in promoting the establishment of a business-friendly environment in the country
- Bilingual candidates (English and French) preferred
- Advanced degrees in Business, Marketing, management, accounting or any other related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience managing diverse teams
- A good understanding of project management
- Experience working with non-profit Organizations or the private sector
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to lead and motivate a small team would be an advantage
- Willingness to re-locate to Yaounde
All applications will be completed ONLINE using the Application Portal. To complete your application, you will need:
- A one-page cover letter indicating your research areas of interest (in PDF)
- A curriculum vitae/ Resume (in PDF)
- A professional photo
- A previously written work (published or unpublished) that demonstrates the candidate’s abilities (in PDF)
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis (starting October 7, 20021) and continue until all positions are filled
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.