To expand our activities in Cameroon, we are recruiting a full time Graphic Designer to be based in Yaoundé. The post holder will design graphics for use in media products such as magazines, web, labels, advertising and signage for the Foundation.
Typical activities will include:
- Liaising with outside printers regularly to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality;
- Developing graphics, concepts and layouts for illustrations, Foundation websites and logos;
- Managing Foundation’s suggestions from typesetting through to design and print;
- Working with the Foundation, briefing and advising it with regard to design style, format, print production and timescales
- Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required;
- Determining size and arrangement of descriptive material and copy, and font style and size;
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief.
- Graphic designer will work mainly eight-to-five, but deadlines may require working additional hours.
- As part of the communication team and working closely with the Foundation’s Graphic Designer, the intern’s main responsibilities are to:
- Contribute in the development of the communication policy of the Foundation that is the visual aspect;
- Create layout;
Organize and develop images to translate ideas and messages using the graphic shapes used on all type of media while respecting the Foundation’s graphic charter:
* Advertising projects (Brochures, Flyers, Posters, Packaging, Signs, Logos, Branding, etc.)
* Publishing (Newsletter, On Policy Magazines, etc.)
* Audiovisual or television production (documentaries, music videos, television programs, TV movies);
* Website of the Foundation and Social Networks (Facebook, Tweeter, LinkedIn)
- Ensure the printing of visual communication media
Qualifications and training required
While entry is open to non-graduates, preference will be given to those with relevant degrees. A degree in Graphic Design is advantageous although other art and design subjects will be accepted.
You will need at least one year work experience and a portfolio of work to show your competences. Good knowledge of design software, such as Quark, InDesign or Illustrator plus photo-editing software, including PhotoShop are required.
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on time.
- Organizational skills and performing job requirements efficiently and orderly.
- Ability to maintain high degree of privacy and confidentiality.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- This is a no?smoking work environment.
- This position will be full time (40 hours per week).
To apply for a position at the Foretia Foundation, please fill out the form below and click the Submit button. This will forward your application to the recruiting team. Before applying, you shall prepare a cover letter, a CV and a previous draft design work.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is filled. Early applications are encouraged