CALL FOR INTERNS AT THE NKAFU POLICY INSTITUTE
The Nkafu Policy Institute is a Cameroonian think tank lodged at the Denis & Lenora Foretia Foundation. The Institute seeks to advance public policies that help all Africans prosper in free, fair, and sustainable economies. It provides independent, in-depth, and insightful policy recommendations that advance the Cameroonian economy and the economies in Africa.
The Institute brings together leading analysts, experts, and contributors from across the globe in the fields of governance and democracy; health and education; peace and security; science and technology; and economic policy. Its reputation is founded on its independence, high-quality research, and innovative policy prescriptions.
We are currently in search of four (4) highly motivated interns to be part of our dynamic team to promote and advance our work. The positions are based at our headquarters in Yaounde-Cameroon. We target outstanding recent graduates who are interested in gaining practical experience in research, event organization, and project management. Under supervision, the recruited interns shall perform diverse activities ranging from research work, a compilation of statistical data, and preparation of draft reports, administrative duties, assisting with event and project management.
- Assist with a broad set of activities that support policy advancement at a regional or a national level such as research, seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Assist Research Fellows and Institute staff with projects, program-related research, and development, including participation in the planning and coordination of activities/events.
- Complete research tasks as assigned, such as conducting literature reviews; finding, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Preparing memos, briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidates will possess:
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields: Governance, Peace and Security Studies, Development Studies, Gender Studies or Social Sciences.
- Strong writing and research skills; must be able to digest large amounts of information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in English and French.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
- Be a good communicator and team player.
- Be able to multi-task, be extremely organized, and have meticulous attention to detail.
- Desire to learn, take initiative and suggest best practices with a willingness to take constructive feedback and guidance.
- Honesty, integrity, respect, and professionalism.
- Discipline and teamwork.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
What we offer
We offer three (3) months of full-time internships. We also offer a transport allowance and unlimited access to the internet. Our interns have full access to research seminars, roundtables, workshops, and discussion groups hosted by the Nkafu Policy Institute and its partners, in addition to conferences on a wide range of emerging issues critical to business and policy interests in Cameroon and Africa at large. However, we recommend each intern possesses a laptop.
Deadline of applications
Complete and submit your application before this 31st January 2021 at 11:59 P.M (Cameroon Time)
For more information
How to apply
Please click HERE to submit your application. Make sure you attached an updated CV plus a Cover Letter.
To apply for this job please visit www.emailmeform.com.